Menu

Cheapest way to pack and mail used curriculum?

Help!

I have cleaned my shelves, and am trying to sell quite a bit. In the past, I have been very picky about the way I package up something. I've sometimes paid more for the package itself, then I have for the mailing price.

I can't afford that right now. I need to pack and ship to people as properly and cheaply as possible.

How do I do this? How do YOU do this?

Thank you, for any advice!

Edited by smilesonly
spelling-always spelling!!

I have gone to the grocery store and asked for paper bags when they bagged my groceries. I turn the writing to the inside and wrap the books in a plastic bag, seal it with tape, and then package that bag in the paper bag. I am recycling and saving money. I have ensured the books were okay once they were received and never had a problem.

Oh you can just wrap it in a plastic grocery bag (to offer some water proofing and cushion) then in a paper grocery bag. Wrap it tight and tape plenty with boxing tape.

Ship media mail.

Can't get cheaper than that unless you have enough to use the flat rate boxes. What I do if I think the flat rate might be cheaper is I wrap it up as described above, then when I get to the post office I have them check there to see which is cheaper. If the box is cheaper, I just stuff the package in it and go. If not, then I'm already good to go.