Menu

egermeiers or vos bible?

sherry80

I think I am going to use one of these along with SOTW 1 with the schedule from paulas archives. Which one would you recommend for ages 1st and 2nd?

Both are great. Egermeier's (EG for short) has shorter stories (roughly 1/2-2 pages), and has comprehension questions in the back. Vos has longer stories (1-4 pages), though it does have subheadings, so if the story gets too long you can stop at the subheadings. It also has a higher reading level (some stories this really sticks out, but only a few).

Personally I would do Egermeier's for 1st and 2nd and do Vos latter.

Heather

I love Egermeier's. It is written in a beautiful narrative style that is very engaging for kids to listen to. I read this aloud to my dd when she was in K. In 2nd grade, she then read through it on her own. I did the same thing with my ds in K and now he's reading it. I have used the discussion questions with both kids. Right now, my ds reads a section and then dictates a brief narration to me. He then copies it and illustrates his story. For us, this is building his Bible knowledge, writing skills using WWE style, and is creating a memoir that I will cherish forever.

HTH,

Jennifer

I have both and prefer Vos. I like the writing better, and I also feel that Egermeier's takes more liberty with the stories. Though, both of them do that to some extent, but there were a few places where I really noticed it with Egermeier's and disagreed with it.