Ok, here goes.......

2nd grader----

go through end of OPGTR

handwriting

CLE Math

CLE bible

WWE 1

SWO B

CLE LA (instead of FLL-I think that will be less teacher time)

SL reader schedule (to hold me accountable and get used to assigning reading)

Gods Design science

SOTW 1 + AG and maybe biblioplan

1st grader----

OPGTR

Handwriting

CLE MATH

CLE bible

CLE LA

GODS Design science

when we finish OPGTR, add in WWE 1 and SWO A

I decided to use CLE LA as starting in 2nd grade, the dictionary markings seem to cut down a lot compared to 1st. I am adding in more things that are more teacher intensive so I thought CLE LA would be better the FLL as I wanted a balance of independent work and work that we do together.

I am changing a lot of things, as this year we started with doing CLE for ALL subjects! I am learning more and more each year we homeschool of what "works" for us. Thanks for all your help here!

Sherry

I got handwriting books from Rainbow resources. They are zanerbloser style but a lot cheaper from Universal Publishing. My girls want these even though HW is included in CLE LA.

I wanted to add in SWO because my 2nd grader needs a lot of practice with spelling. CLE doesn't have a lot of practice with spelling words although their spelling rules are really good.

I read that WWE is really good as a supplement to CLE but maybe that is overlapping. I have it and it looks really good, but we haven't tried it yet.

So I guess CLE LA would be overlapping handwriting, WWE1 and Spelling workout. Do you think it is too much? Maybe I shouldn't stick with CLE LA? I could do FLL. The reason why I might not is b/c I was worried about all these subjects with not too many of them being independent.

Let me know what you think.

Sherry

I guess I was getting worried about the time involved.

FLL takes 10 min

how much does WWE1 take?

handwriting, spelling are pretty easy on the teacher

I guess I was thinking they would really "need" me for one on one for most subjects and then they don't have a workbook to do individually for independent work.

But I guess they will have reading assignments with SL readers and SOTW book list suggestions. Math with CLE is great and doesn't require a lot from me.

I will have to think about this.....

Sherry

I think your plan looks great. But, I would pick one language arts program. My ds is in second grade and he does Growing With Grammar 2 and it is going well. He can do it independantly and that is why he likes it, he did not care for FLL at all. We also do WWE and WWE 1 takes us about 10 minutes max. My ds also is doing SL readers this year and he LOVES them.

Ok, here goes.......

2nd grader----

go through end of OPGTR

handwriting

CLE Math

CLE bible

WWE 1

SWO B

CLE LA (instead of FLL-I think that will be less teacher time)

SL reader schedule (to hold me accountable and get used to assigning reading)

Gods Design science

1st grader----

OPGTR

Handwriting

CLE MATH

CLE bible

CLE LA

GODS Design science

when we finish OPGTR, add in WWE 1 and SWO A

I would drop CLE LA for the 2nd grader if you are using a different writing and spelling program. From what other say, FLL doesn't seem to take a lot of time.

Oh..and we just started using SOTW 1 + AG with Biblioplan and are really enjoying it!!

Edited by LoveBaby