Menu

Microsoft OneNote - My new favorite Hsing tool!!

Cammie

Just thought I would mention this (maybe everyone already uses it...I could be behind the curve on this one!)

I just started using Microsoft OneNote - it is a software that lets you create "notebooks" with individual "folders" and then individual "pages." The BEST part is that when you are looking at a webpage you can click on "Send to OneNote" and that page will be sent over to the OneNote program.

Here is how I used it. I need to supplement SOTW with lots of internet sites because we don't have any library system here to speak of. So I created a SOTW folder and a pages for each chapter. On the page I have placed the links to websites I want DD to go to, or a snapshot of the page, or directly cut and pasted some of the information from the web. Now when she opens the notebook, she can directly click on my pre-selected sites and I don't have to worry about what might have come up if she had just done a search!

I don't know if I explained this well but it is really cool! Check it out if you have it on your computer (mine was just there - maybe DH put it on?)

- Cammie