Menu

earth science curriculum for second rotation

WTMindy

I'm looking for a great earth science/astronomy curriculum for next year (6th grade, with 4th grade tag-along). What do you use? I have used Apologia Flying Creatures this year, but I am not married to using Christian or young earth curriculum. I'd like something with some rigor.

There's a program called Ring of Fire that is middle through high school geared. I think they suggest you stretch out the first part and use just that for middle and the second part for high. Or do them in two semesters for high schoolers. I'll look for the website. They aren't available through RRC. I forget who carries them.

Regena

... TOPS Rocks & Minerals unit, and other books, videos, websites, etc. Definitely added in some materials to balance the strong evolutionary based views of the Reader's Digest, but other than that, we found it to be a fun year -- we did a lot of the experiments in the book, and used the 2-page spreads as launching off spots to go deeper into some of the Earth Science topics covered in the book. The book is listed for grades 5-8.

BEST of luck finding what works for your family! Warmest regards, Lori D.