Menu

Healthiest, all-natural crock pot dinners???

Delicious and kid pleasing also?! This is for a long weekend family guests who ardently prefer an all-natural, organic, local, Nourishing Traditions diet. I try my best. I served the Salsa chicken (I found on WTM) my kids like last visit, but it wasn't a big hit. I'll need to focus on chicken and beans bc we can't afford grass fed beef.

Thanks!!!

Delicious and kid pleasing also?! This is for a long weekend family guests who ardently prefer an all-natural, organic, local, Nourishing Traditions diet. I try my best. I served the Salsa chicken (I found on WTM) my kids like last visit, but it wasn't a big hit. I'll need to focus on chicken and beans bc we can't afford grass fed beef.

Thanks!!!

I throw a whole frozen chicken in the crockpot (use foil to seal if the lid won't go down). Sprinkle some sage on the top, or stuff with dressing. Add a salad and rice or mashed potatoes. Make the gravy right in the crock pot after the chicken is out and being carved.

How about a spinach lasagna. Make it ahead (don't cook the noodles) and use the delay start in the oven. I've never made a lasagna in the crockpot but I know it can be done.

Baked potatoes with cheese sauce and steamed broccoli. Maybe some good bacon to sprinkle on top?

Omlets with the leftover steamed veggies & cheese.

Spaghetti! Make the sauce up and cook it in the crockpot. Noodles only need 10 minutes to cook at the end. Salad and Fresh garlic bread, Voila!

I also "ardently prefer an all-natural, organic, local, [Nourishing Traditions I don't know about] diet." But more than that, if I were coming to your house I would more ardently prefer that you not stress yourself and your budget and most of all, and i'm totally honest, as far as the food goes, I would prefer having something that you like and like to prepare. It's true that I'm a veg and I wouldn't eat meat but I'd be happy for you to fix that and I would eat sides. I honestly, honestly, honestly would prefer that you not go out of your way or damage your budget. It's you I want to see.

Sorry, i don't have a good recipe. The only think I know how to cook in the crockpot is beans.

If you can find some nutritionally correct bacon within your price range, make Ranchero Beans, which you can serve with hard tacos, soft burritos, or as a rice bowl, or taco salad, or whatever. I like serving things like this to company, because then everyone can add cheese, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, salsa, etc., etc., (or not) as they prefer.

I also "ardently prefer an all-natural, organic, local, [Nourishing Traditions I don't know about] diet." But more than that, if I were coming to your house I would more ardently prefer that you not stress yourself and your budget and most of all, and i'm totally honest, as far as the food goes, I would prefer having something that you like and like to prepare. It's true that I'm a veg and I wouldn't eat meat but I'd be happy for you to fix that and I would eat sides. I honestly, honestly, honestly would prefer that you not go out of your way or damage your budget. It's you I want to see.

Sorry, i don't have a good recipe. The only think I know how to cook in the crockpot is beans.

Gosh, would you like to come visit me??:D