Menu

Fellow Bloggers

There was a thread a couple of days ago regarding blogging. I found the info at the link below helpful:

Michael Hyatt's recent post about top mistakes bloggers make

The one I have to disagree with is the one on post length. I'm not looking for a Twitter or Facebook length post. I'm usually looking to read something more meaty like I would get in a magazine. Guilt Free Homeschooling and Barb at Harmony Art Mom and Handbook of Nature Study are more pleasing to me than shorter blogs.

I think all these tips are really specific to your blogging audience or community. Also, it depends on your purpose. For homeschooling blogs I find there are 2 types-those who blog as a form of journal for their own records and reflection. Or secondly, those who blog to share information. In either case I am looking to hear about the experience and ideas of the blogger-it is about them, not me. I also think blog length should depend on your topic. It should be as long as necessary to convey the information. I can't imagine learning much about someone's science fair project through a Tweet length post.