Menu

Pencils what are your favorite

I have purchased the yellow #2 pencils and the Warrior pencils. They break while sharpening, I have an electric and handheld sharpeners.

I have now went to mechanical pencils they wear down very easily or the kids take the lead pack and misplace it.

What's your favorite pencil??

I prefer mechanical pencils for myself, but the children can't generally use them.

My eldest prefers Papermate's Mirado Black Warriors for her math, but I don't like using them.

Everyone else uses the Papermate Mirado Classic (yellow) cedar pencils. They write well and sharpen well.

I bought a new electric pencil sharpener a few weeks ago because our old one burnt up (due to use!), the manual sharpener only sharpened them on one side while gaving us blisters and handheld sharpeners never do an adequate job.

Guest Lorna

I used to spend so much time sharpening pencils until we discovered mechanical ones. I invested in a few a couple of years ago and extra leads and we are still using the originals. We use a style which is fairly wide with a comfortable rubber grip. The children have learned not to push too hard on the leads and have fewer writing pains.

I love them! :D

We had scads of pencils...cheapies to Ticonderogas. Our old sharpener would sharpen one side and not the other. It was obviously broken. Then, on the recommendation of someone on the board, I bought a new sharpener at Staples...an XACTO 1730. I LOVE it. Sharpens quickly, w/out breaking the pencils and gets a nice point. I was lucky to find it on sale 50% off otherwise I would have never spent the $35 on it at reg. price. I'm a cheapskate.