Menu

Advice for renting a cabin in CO this season?

We would like to take the kids to Colorado to see the snow and maybe ski depending on where we would stay. I've been looking online, but I'm not sure which sites to trust, so I thought I'd ask and see if anyone could point me in the right direction. Also, if you have any advice for a family of 6 with kids ranging from 1 year to 11 years old who live in a southern state that rarely gets snow. We would be planning on driving.

Thanks,

Cindy

WE've skied at Keystone and Breckinridge. Both are lovely mountains. Winter Park is also great. If you can, go during the week. Fewer people on the slopes.

If you can afford it, sign the kiddoes up for ski lessons...a class or individually. They'll learn quickly and while they are in class, you can get a few runs in down the harder slopes.

We packed lunches rather than eat overpriced offerings. ;)

Our absolute favorite thing was to stay in a ski in - ski out condo. Ooo la la....

So nice to be able to pop back in for a nice lunch and change into dry, warm socks.

Have a ball. I think skiiing is a fine family activity. I wish we had done more of it when our guys were growing up.