Menu

costume ideas needed - traditional Spanish clothing for boys

This is probably too late to do anything, but I just thought of asking the hive today. My son's part in a Christmas play is talking about Christmas traditions in Spain. They have him dressed like a bullfighter and I am not thrilled with that.

Can anyone point me towards some clothing styles that I might be able to put together in a very short amount of time (definitely no-sew)?

edited to add - I guess rather than traditional, because I assume their clothing style isn't THAT different, I'm looking for something "culturally significant".

Edited by jojomojo

I know you don't like the bullfighter costume, but it really is "the" culturally significant costume and has been for hundreds of years.

If you really want something else, though, you could go with black pants (high-waisted, if possible) with red sash around waist, white shirt, possibly short black jacket, possibly black felt hat - flat top with brim all around.

Like this...

If I had more time, I could probably manage it. The costume they gave me isn't much of a costume anyway - black pants, red cape, matador hat. I bet I could throw together the above look except for the jacket (and hat too). I'm not sure what I would do for that.

*sigh* I've been caught up with my dd's ballet recital the past week, I didn't pay any attention to their costume choice for my son.

It's okay - he's 5 lol I really don't think he, or anyone else but me, cares :tongue_smilie: