Menu

Flip video camera vs. a cannon point and shoot with HD movie

We hardly ever use our old camcorder anymore and it is hard to edit and put on dvd. We are thinking of getting a new one that shoots in HD. I saw the flip and thought I would use it more because of it's size and ease of use. My husband thinks we should get a new digital camera a cannon that also shoots HD video. Do you think one would be better than the other and why?

Honestly, I don't think the video on either one of those is going to be that great. I have the regular Flip and the video quality is okay....pretty much YouTube quality. And I also have a camera that shoots video and it is about the same quality as the Flip. I do not have the HD Flip so I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make. I would think that it would still shoot it below the quality of a full sized video camera.

I have a HD Flip, and I use it all the time. The quality is great, even when watching it on a bigger screen, and it is so easy to use, edit, and share. It does not have many options though. You can turn it on, zoom in or out, record, and playback. I think it is the size and ease of use I like. The flip is small and fits in my purse. It is always with me, and because of this, I find myself using it so much more.