Menu

Does anyone here use Managers of Their Homes?

Yes! I use and like it. I will go through periods where my schedule feels too strict so I ditch it. Then I realize that we aren't accomplishing as much and we have discipline problems, so I quickly return tweaking when needed. I do better on a schedule and I know my kiddos do, too.

One of the ways the book explains it is this...You wouldn't like going to work every day and having everyone have to run to their boss to ask what to do. (My very bad paraphrase...I don't have my book here right now.:rolleyes:) They argue that children shouldn't have to feel that way either.

I would also suggest Managers of Their Chores! It has been amazing the transformation in our home. My 4yo can get up, make her bed, get dressed, brush her teeth, get me for hair, and feed the dog without my help. It frees up your time by not having to direct, "Now go brush your teeth." It also give accountability to you and your kiddos by causing consistancy and you checking chorework.

I like it too; it works very well in our house. Each boy has his own schedule which has helped me immensely because the older boys know what to do next without coming to me all at once. Our day is more productive when we follow our MOTH schedules, and I'm able to get things done around the house too. It's been very liberating in a sense because I know that all the "stuff" that has to get will get done since it's on the schedule; at least it will get done in theory...