Menu

eSpindle...anyone love it? Dislike it? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

msjones

I purchased it about a month ago for my 3 dc. It is definately a keeper. So far my ds 12 has spelled about 1700 words, missed 360, and learned 231 words that used to be hard for him. (Compare this to about 100 words I would have tested them on by now, 95% they probably would have already known (using Spelling WO)) All of my children LIKE doing it (or at least they don't mind) and the little reward clip at the end of the lesson makes a big difference. Espindle sends out achievement award certificates and we print these and put them in their binders (another motivator). I have 2 dc that are good spellers naturally, and one that is terrible. It seems to help all. The vocabulary function I haven't used yet, as just spelling many of the words helps them take on their meaning since the definition is presented. Some times it is necessary to read the definition of the word before spelling to figure out what is being said. (Sort of a mechanical pronunciation sometimes.) That is the only negative that we have found, and I want them to read the definition anyway. Quotes are given as example usage, and they are fabulous.

Each day dc take a 50 word quiz, followed by a 25 word quiz. The 50 word takes about 11 minutes, and the 25 about 7.

Penny

Penny

I purchased it about a month ago for my 3 dc. It is definately a keeper. So far my ds 12 has spelled about 1700 words, missed 360, and learned 231 words that used to be hard for him. (Compare this to about 100 words I would have tested them on by now, 95% they probably would have already known (using Spelling WO)) All of my children LIKE doing it (or at least they don't mind) and the little reward clip at the end of the lesson makes a big difference. Espindle sends out achievement award certificates and we print these and put them in their binders (another motivator). I have 2 dc that are good spellers naturally, and one that is terrible. It seems to help all. The vocabulary function I haven't used yet, as just spelling many of the words helps them take on their meaning since the definition is presented. Some times it is necessary to read the definition of the word before spelling to figure out what is being said. (Sort of a mechanical pronunciation sometimes.) That is the only negative that we have found, and I want them to read the definition anyway. Quotes are given as example usage, and they are fabulous.

Each day dc take a 50 word quiz, followed by a 25 word quiz. The 50 word takes about 11 minutes, and the 25 about 7.

Penny

Penny

Do you remember the cost on this?

Penny

Penny

Thank you, Penny, for taking the time to share. This is very helpful! I couldn't find any reviews of eSpindle on my usual homeschool curriculum review sites.