Menu

I bought a steam cleaner with my birthday money.

Probably a strange thing to do, however with the house on the market, 3 boys and a dog, I spend so much time cleaning these days.

I went with the McCulloch on Amazon as I didn't want to invest $600 for the WhiteWing until I knew how they work and if I'd use it.

I've had it two days now. It did not do well on mildew, mold, or soap scum that was on the grout floor of our main shower, however this is the first time I've majorly cleaned it too. It worked wonderfully on faucets, glass, mirrors, sinks, toilets, counter tops, and ceramic floors so far. For the toilets and sinks alone, it was worth buying. The toilets squeak they are so clean! The bathroom smells clean and the only thing used was distilled water. It was disgusting to see what flew out from behind the faucet, especially the kitchen. The floors and counters are so smooth, they must of had residue on them prior. You can use the faucets as a mirror, they look like they just came out of the box. Oh, and I did the bathroom trashcans and stools, they look like new, everything wiped right out of the corners where stuff gathers.

I even brought in a floor mat from the van that had a mysterious spill on it, it came right out.

Tomorrow I want to clean the laundry room and track to the sliding back door with it.

Anyway, I don't see them mentioned here much, so I wanted to share my experience thus far.

Which one did you get? I see a portable and a heavy duty :).

My dh was laughing at my choice. Hey, what can I say, I'm practical.

Ha! I got a Shark Steam Pocket Mop and a new crockpot for my birthday last month, and I'm as happy as a clam. My mother thinks I'm nuts. After seeing how well the mop cleans, I'm thinking of getting a steamer for everything else. Thanks for the tip!