Menu

I'm so thankful for Dave Ramsey.

Thank you for sharing your experience! I have continually heard what wonders Dave's program works. My pastor has actually gone as far as to say that it is one of the top 5 steps he has taken in his life.

We have all of the material and are going to jump in full force on January 1st.

Wonderful...Me too. And you've given me the perfect gift idea for my sister who has vision issues. Thank you.

Tammy~ borrowed TMM from our library many times and managed to get dh to listen to the audio book by checking it out from our library.

I learned about his Total Money Makeover book 3 years ago and borrowed it from the library, at the time we were living check to check, had 1 credit card with a balance, and 1 car payment. I couldn't get dh to read the book, but knew I needed him to be on board with me, so I bought the audio book and downloaded some podcasts to play on our 4.5 hour car ride to visit his family over the holidays. By the time we returned, he was hooked and we were so inspired by the podcasts.

We started January '07 doing a paper budget and envelope system. Almost 3 years exactly later, dh is without a job and our house has been on the market for 5 months. I am so thankful we contininued to listen to Dave's podcasts and work through the baby steps. Our only debt is our home, our bills are basic, and we a 6 month emergency fund. We stopped our 401K contributions immediately and when our house sells, will have 20% of that to work with (even after realtors fees because we have put extra towards our mortgage).

Being unemployed is stressful enough as your sense of security is gone, add to it winter approaching, we're about to move interstate, and we've had no offers on our house, but it could be so much worse if we hadn't followed Dave Ramsey and didn't have that cushion to fall back on.

TMM is currently $10 on his site.

Edited by Tammyla

We read and began to implement the TTM several months ago. As Dave says, get ready for Murphy to move in with you (refering to Myrphy's law: What can go wrong, will go wrong". We had saved $500 of the $1000 in baby step 1, and my washing maching went out. Then, we again saved up $500 and dh got into a car accident that claimed that money. We have now paid off all cars and are trying to sell our house for a job transfer. We hope to make enough to be completely debt free! Yeah! Dave Ramsey is a very inspirational guy...make sure to watch some of his DVDs.

Financial Peace University - we're taking it through church. It has been wonderful! We were check to check as well. Usually with hefty overdrafts as well. Only for the last 2 checks we have money still in the bank when the next check comes! The car is paid off. The emergency fund is fully funded. Our cruise in January is paid off. in January, we will rearrange moneys and have the retirement full and start on the college funding.

Let me tell you, it feels good!

That was about the year 1990. If I didn't read his books, we would never have the financial freedom we now enjoy. As well as Viki and Joe from Your Money or Your Life.

http://www.amazon.com/Financial-Self-Defense-Charles-Givens/dp/0671516906/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259962456&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/Your-Money-Life-Transforming-Relationship/dp/0143115766/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259962639&sr=1-1