Menu

Stopping in to say Hi! I've missed you all...

Oh, it is so good to see everyone's names! I am enjoying catching up with everyone while reading your posts. I don't know exactly how long I've been gone but I have stopped in a couple of times just to lurk. Your posts are so interesting and I've missed out on a lot!

My kids are in school now and it is going so well. They are in the 11th, 9th, and 5th grades. I get the funniest comments, even after having had them in school for a year and a half now. The one I like the most always goes something like, "Your kids seem to do so well for having been homeschooled their whole lives." "I can't believe that they make straight A's and they've never even been to school!" "They made friends so fast for never having been socialized in school before." BRRRRRAAAAAHHHHAAAAHAAAAAA!:lol: I homeschooled too long to even feel the need to respond. I smile and nod, smile and nod, smile and nod...They love school but they loved home schooling, too. It's all good.

As some of you might remember, if you remember me at all, I started back to college after the Well Educated Mind came out. I will receive my bachelor's degree in liberal studies in two weeks. My areas of emphasis are English Literature and Psychology. I don't think I ever would have done it if I had not homeschooled, read all the books you fantastic people recommended all those years, and read the Well Educated Mind. When I read it and started following the book in order to educate myself, I felt like I needed to go ahead and devote time to getting my degree and I did. :D I did it all online through my local state university and I am so grateful for the opportunity. I am also so grateful for you all for the motivation!

I've been working and finishing school and haven't had time to come here but I think I'll stay a little while...you never know what you are going to learn here and I could stand to learn a little! I can't wait to catch up! I have been working on a blog. I took a Writing for the internet course this semester and the blog is part of the final project. Come take a look! http://readengage.blogspot.com/

Christy

Edited by Mad Charity