Menu

Holiday panic attack

I don't usually stress over the holidays. We take some time off from school if we have to, and, with two teenagers, I am now lucky enough to have 2 great helpers with the cleaning, cooking, and baking.

(can I be honest? My younger, male, helper still needs some training and supervision).

So...company arrives tomorrow for a visit...my dh' company party at our house next week...another party a few days after that...and this afternoon, my #1 helper sprained her ankle. Gah! I am taking a break from cleaning bathrooms to post this, in the hope that getting it off my chest will reduce my panic! I don't even want to talk to my family about it - I certainly don't blame my dd, so I don't want her to think I do - my hubby works long hours so can't really help - I don't want to "dump" too much on my poor ds. Again...Gah!

Jean, I thought of that already...wondering what she can do. All I came up with was blow-dry the dog. But I guess we will find things as they come up. I'm sure she'll be able to do some food prep, especially if she can sit at the table and do it.

And, I did read the thread you posted also! I know I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me. But I'm not sure if He meant cleaning bathrooms?? :)

Jean, I thought of that already...wondering what she can do. All I came up with was blow-dry the dog. But I guess we will find things as they come up. I'm sure she'll be able to do some food prep, especially if she can sit at the table and do it.

And, I did read the thread you posted also! I know I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me. But I'm not sure if He meant cleaning bathrooms?? :)

:lol: I'm sorry...but "blow dry the dog" is last on my list of things to do before company comes over. :lol:

Something I learned a long time ago is that things don't really have to be "perfect" to have company over. I know we like them that way (especially since i have OCD), but they don't HAVE to be that way. I wish you peace this holiday season.

:lol: I'm sorry...but "blow dry the dog" is last on my list of things to do before company comes over. :lol:

Something I learned a long time ago is that things don't really have to be "perfect" to have company over. I know we like them that way (especially since i have OCD), but they don't HAVE to be that way. I wish you peace this holiday season.

Thank you!

But...if you could smell my dog today, you'd know why he must be bathed before my sis gets here tomorrow! She's not even a dog person; she's a cat person. So even if the house may not be perfect, the dog WILL get a bath tomorrow!