Menu

We need Spanish grammar help with Rosetta Stone

Sweet Home Alabama

My older kids are using Rosetta Stone Spanish. They have learned a lot of vocabulary, and they have practiced speaking. The downfall of Rosetta Stone is the lack of teaching grammar, primarily verb conjugation.

Is there a grammar curriculum we could work on along-side Rosetta Stone or maybe just drop RS for part of (or all year) while we work on grammar? What do you think? (My kids are in 6th and 5th grades this year.)

My older kids are using Rosetta Stone Spanish. They have learned a lot of vocabulary, and they have practiced speaking. The downfall of Rosetta Stone is the lack of teaching grammar, primarily verb conjugation.

Is there a grammar curriculum we could work on along-side Rosetta Stone or maybe just drop RS for part of (or all year) while we work on grammar? What do you think? (My kids are in 6th and 5th grades this year.)

Practice Makes Perfect Verb Tenses might be what you are after. It is workbook-style and you can get it at any local bookstore. My only hesitation is that your kids are a little young. If they were in high school, it would definitely be what I would recommend.

Thanks, Laurie!

I have been looking at Spanish for Children which looks good for me. My biggest concern is what I've read about errors in that curriculum. Posts about that, however, were written in 2008. Does anyone know if the errors have been corrected?

Can anyone tell me if Spanish for Children could be used with Rosetta Stone or would it have to be done instead of Rosetta Stone?

Thanks, Laurie!

I have been looking at Spanish for Children which looks good for me. My biggest concern is what I've read about errors in that curriculum. Posts about that, however, were written in 2008. Does anyone know if the errors have been corrected?

Can anyone tell me if Spanish for Children could be used with Rosetta Stone or would it have to be done instead of Rosetta Stone?

That was my basic complaint about Rosetta Stone too, it is basically vocabulary based (which I don't have a problem with), but wasn't really teaching us how to conjugate and speak fluently. We just started Spanish for Children Primer A, and I can't speak to any errors, but I'm VERY impressed with the detail given to grammar.

Blessings,

Angela

I haven't noticed any errors but then again I'm learning Spanish too. We just added The Learnables Spanish with SfC for more listening skills.

You could use SfC along with RS and it would probably be a nice compliment. Since your dc probably know a lot of the vocab already in SfC, it could be used to learn those verb conjugations.

Did you look a the online samples?

I haven't noticed any errors but then again I'm learning Spanish too. We just added The Learnables Spanish with SfC for more listening skills.

You could use SfC along with RS and it would probably be a nice compliment. Since your dc probably know a lot of the vocab already in SfC, it could be used to learn those verb conjugations.

Did you look a the online samples?

Yes, Michelle, I looked at the samples, and I love the way it looks. In fact, I like SfC better than anything else I've seen. Hopefully the company made any corrections and there are no more mistakes. If you read reviews on this board from 2008, you'll read about the mistakes the group had trouble with.

I'd love to be able to do both SfC and RS together as long as that wouldn't be too much. I think I could work around that. RS core lessons are what take the longest time. We could do them by themselves and then combine the short daily lessons from each on the other days.

Thanks everyone!