Menu

How long?

This may seem like a dumb question, but I didn't think you guys would mind...my daughter woke up this morning complaining of her tummy hurting. She has been lying on the couch since 8:00 and hasn't gotten sick. At about 9:30 she ate a few rice krispies (without milk) and took a sip or two of water...and she didn't get sick. So here it is 1:15 and she is still complaining of a tummyache...if she hasn't gotten sick already, could she still have tht flu? Or should I assume that it is somehting else? I don't want to discredit her, but she is the drama queen of the family too. Nearly about 100% of the time when my kids get the stomach flu, they get sick in the middle of the night, so I never know if they have been feeling bad for a while before they get sick...or if it comes on fast. Is this a dumb thing to be bothering you guys with??? Sorry...just have Thanksgiving plans and are wondering what we should do.

Earlier this month, my 4yo complained on Friday that his stomach hurt and was very low-energy. Whiny on Saturday but otherwise fine and no complaints about his stomach. Threw up multiple times Sunday morning. Complained about stomach hurting on Monday. Diarrhea early Tuesday. Fine from Wednesday on.

No fever at any time.

Earlier this month, my 4yo complained on Friday that his stomach hurt and was very low-energy. Whiny on Saturday but otherwise fine and no complaints about his stomach. Threw up multiple times Sunday morning. Complained about stomach hurting on Monday. Diarrhea early Tuesday. Fine from Wednesday on.

No fever at any time.

lovely....so this could be the flu...UGH!

Kathy

Baking soda (one tsp or more) and warm water (one of your smaller cups will work, she should be able to drink the whole thing easily).

It makes you burp, a lot. If she's got an upset tummy and a lot of gas this will work :)

Now, my dd will take a bicarb and initially it makes her stomach hurt worse (gas build-up) until blast off :p

Wait a few and see if anyone hops on with a million reasons NOT to give your dd one... We use them all the time, but I'm pretty out of the loop about home remedies that go out of fashion.

Tell her to chug it down :( She might like the idea of burping too. The first time I gave one to ds I told him it was the fizzy pop from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and would make him burp a lot (they got the bugs out and he didn't have to worry about flying into the ceiling ;) ).

Poor kid...

When my now 16yo was 12 he complained of a stomach ache and not feeling well. This started in the morning and he laid around and slept some in the afternoon. No fever, no throwing up, etc.

It was appendicitis! He never did have a fever, but by midnight he was in excruciating pain (we were already at the ER by then.)

When my now 16yo was 12 he complained of a stomach ache and not feeling well. This started in the morning and he laid around and slept some in the afternoon. No fever, no throwing up, etc.

It was appendicitis! He never did have a fever, but by midnight he was in excruciating pain (we were already at the ER by then.)

Good point!

Pain towards the right of the abdomen, hard or very sensitive to the touch (symptoms, just fyi OP)

I would not know if she is sensitive to the touch...she won't let me touch her.

Tell her you need to check her belly :( Gently pushing to feel for swelling or hardness, or to locate the exact area of pain. Geez I'm glad she mentioned appendix, it didn't even occur to me :( If not, then see if she can describe it..... you might want to call your dr's office, do they have someone you could talk to?