Menu

Snarky e-mail of the day

I got an e-mail from our homeschool group about a field trip we'd like to attend. I sent an RSVP to the field trip coordinator and asked her to let me know if she needed anything else. She sent me a reply telling me how busy she is getting ready for the holidays, and that I should: "Check out the field trip announcement again and it will tell you everything I need."

HELLO? If I had understood the announcement, I wouldn't have ASKED if my response was complete! And if she's so dang busy, wouldn't it have been easier for her to send a one-line reply saying, "I also need XX info"?

I don't even know how to reply to her. I have read the announcement again and still am not sure what I need to send her. I guess the kids will miss this field trip as their mom can't figure out how to attend.

Nah...I'd just check with another mom and see if she knows or understands. If not, that would be a good time to talk to this mom again and let her know that her announcement was lacking some details such as...and then fill in what you'd like to know specifically.

This time of year occasionally brings out a little grinch or scrooge in people. I've done it myself.:glare:

As one that receives these sorts of emails everyday regarding home school group activities, it can be very overwhelming to answer every question asked after an announced outing or field trip.

Regardless of how direct and to the point you craft the request, there will always be people that will email asking questions, wanting more info, etc. I agree, there are times when a paricular circumstance when it can be misunderstood, but imagine the amount of emails she receives with questions when it is direct.

Regardless, she could have been pleasant in her response. But, it may have spent all of her 'pleasant' on the 276 emails before yours.

Hope you can extend her some forgiveness and move on.