Menu

High Blood Pressure Question

I sent DH for a physical lat week in order to get a referral to a sleep study center (he has apnea SO badly! :confused:)

The dr. mad the referral, but said dh's blood pressure was a bit high. I think he said 185/110. It has never been high before, so this is new territory. He's not under any inordinate stress at work or at home, and though he's a bit overweight, it's all in the gut and he's quite active, curling (the sport) twice per week, etc. He never salts his food, and I don't cook with a lot of salt. We don't eat processed foods, either, other than an Oreo now and then ;).

For those of you who have helped your dh lower his blood pressure, what did you do?

Thanks for any advice!

astrid

My dh is overweight, has sleep apnea, high cholesterol and high trigycerides. His BP is borderline and he does not have to take meds for it. Dr. managed that by getting him a CPAP, encouraging daily walking and red rice yeast and flaxseed oil. This keeps him right around 130-135/80-90. If your hubby's numbers stay that high then he really needs to get on BP meds.

I sent DH for a physical lat week in order to get a referral to a sleep study center (he has apnea SO badly! :confused:)

The dr. mad the referral, but said dh's blood pressure was a bit high. I think he said 185/110. It has never been high before, so this is new territory. He's not under any inordinate stress at work or at home, and though he's a bit overweight, it's all in the gut and he's quite active, curling (the sport) twice per week, etc. He never salts his food, and I don't cook with a lot of salt. We don't eat processed foods, either, other than an Oreo now and then ;).

For those of you who have helped your dh lower his blood pressure, what did you do?

Thanks for any advice!

astrid

Astrid, That's pretty high. What was his doctor's plan? Recommendations for a BP at that level would be a recheck in one week. Has he had it rechecked yet?