Menu

MCT and WWE

christine in al

Raising Freethinkers and Parenting Beyond Belief have been helpful and interesting.

As for curriculum -- I use a lot of different things because each of my boys learns in a very different way. My oldest is a non-traditional learner who can grasp very high level concepts but doesn't have a drive to learn on his own (a frog jumping is a good visual for his academic progress) so he has done well with things like MCT, Life of Fred, and shows on Discovery & History Channel followed by discussion and online searches. My second son is more "just-the-facts," follows a more traditional learning pattern (like climbing a ladder), and is using a WTM approach, with SOTW, WWE, FLL, etc. Both of these boys are logical and math/science minded like my husband and me. My third son is more musical/humanities "let's talk for an hour about one thing" type, and I am using more of a Sonlight approach with him (may not be perfect, but he likes it and it is easy to figure out and plan for) for now until I figure him out.

All of the kids are using Singapore Math and All About Spelling because *I* can teach them well, and they are not tied to a schedule so we can speed up or slow down as needed.

I'm not sure I really answered your question but I love talking about my kids :lol: .

Edited by Colleen in SEVA