Menu

mini offices

Neat idea! Reminds me when I taught 1st grade and we'd have the child's name laminated on a name tag (tag had a preprinted colorful ABC border in D'Nealian script) that I would tape to the top of the student desk. I would also tape a number line and a laminated list of sight words for writing exercises. And I would tape a behavior chart (for certain students) for M-F and fill it in daily. At the end of the week, they'd take it home for mom & dad to read. Upper grades we did a little laminated "chart" to put stickers on to earn rewards or treats. I like the mini office idea! :)

DD11's pre-school did this with cardboard dividers between the students. The kids sat at long conference tables, but they each had their own area, marked with a cardboard tri fold. I know there is a name for them, but I am drawing a blank right now. They are basically a piece of cardboard that is a lot like a tri fold presentation board, just shorter.

In their area there were clear pockets that the teacher could load with what ever she wanted. Alphabet charts, 100 number boards, colors, etc. She would put a sticker reward section and another for their favorite art work. It had a copy of the days schedule, and ideas for free time.

We still have dd's. She used it in homeschool for 1st/2nd grade because she really liked it. She put appropriate items in it, and used it at the table.

here is what I specifically need...maybe someone can help me find these...liquid measures, linear measures, the 5 senses, continents and oceans, ..of course I can just type some of these lists out, but I would love to have them with graphics too...so if someone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.