Menu

convection oven

My oven of years and years and years died. I'm biting the bullet price-wise and tomorrow I am having a Kenmore Elite Convection Oven installed. (based on recs from oven threads, thank you ladies)

I've never cooked with a convection oven. What do I need to know? Are there guides to this? Or did you ladies learn to adjust temps hit and miss?

Thanks for any input

Your oven should come with instructions that include cooking times. I love that mine (Kitchen Aid) has a calculator feature that allows me to put in the temp/cook time on the recipe and the oven automatically adjusts them. 25 degrees less is a good rule of thumb. I would suggest getting a convection recipe book. I don't have one but I borrowed this one that I want to get it.

Enjoy your new oven! :D

I have this oven. It comes with a convection convert feature so you can change the recipe temp automatically. It also comes with lots of other features - incl a setting for cookies and breads which are convection settings with differen fan speeds. Great oven; bakes evenly & quickly. I don't think you'll have any probs adjusting to it - I didn't & this is my first convection oven.