Menu

Mapping the World by Heart, anyone use this???

Homeschooling6

My children have always loved maps. They love to trace and copy them. Now that Josh, is older I was thinking of getting Mapping the World by Heart. The reviews on Amazon are all old. I'm sure he has updated this since 1999.

Would this be something that could be more hobby and not added curriculum per say? I don't want it to feel like school for him, but more of doing this on his own time. We could do it together. I want it to stay in the 'fun' category ;)

Appreciate any input on this:)

I always loved the way this program sounded, but when I saw it in person, I was underwhelmed.

You should either search for a used copy or try the Ellen J McHenry one... (MApping the world through Art?) she has tons of chapters free for download before you buy it...

just a suggestion...

MTWBH was written for classroom/"proffesional" teacher use... Ellen's is geared toward HSers/ non-proffesional teachers...

I always loved the way this program sounded, but when I saw it in person, I was underwhelmed.

You should either search for a used copy or try the Ellen J McHenry one... (MApping the world through Art?) she has tons of chapters free for download before you buy it...

just a suggestion...

MTWBH was written for classroom/"proffesional" teacher use... Ellen's is geared toward HSers/ non-proffesional teachers...

Thanks, I'll look into Mapping the World through Art.

I didn't want to purchase one used because I'm afraid I'll get an out-dated one. I thought I read someplace that he has made it easier :001_unsure:. I did find his homeschooling page, so I'm going to read that.

Still interested what others have to say :)