Menu

More SSL ?'s

I see that there is a Christmas lesson. Does this lesson need to be done in order? I'm thinking of starting part way through the year and we wouldn't get to the lesson at Christmas time. I would also like to know more about the teacher's manual. I've heard that you don't need it. What exactly does it contain? Does it have any extra activities or does it just have answers to the questions in the student book? Thanks!

I see that there is a Christmas lesson. Does this lesson need to be done in order? I'm thinking of starting part way through the year and we wouldn't get to the lesson at Christmas time. I would also like to know more about the teacher's manual. I've heard that you don't need it. What exactly does it contain? Does it have any extra activities or does it just have answers to the questions in the student book? Thanks!

There are two Christmas lessons in SSL - chapter 16 and 17. From what I can tell (I pulled my book off the shelf to check), there is only one part in chapter 16 where previous chapter's words are used, and it's only two small reveiw questions. I don't see why you couldn't do those two lessons at the appropriate time of the year, and then go back to the beginning or wherever you wished to officially begin.

In terms of the TM, I did not buy it. From what I have read, it only has the answers to the student workbook, which at this level, I did not feel the need to have. We did, though, buy the Monkey Match cards and LOVE playing memory with them. That has been the biggest help for my boys to really internalize the vocabulary.

Hope that helps! :) We love SSL here.

You can easily switch up the order of chapters in SSL. We moved things around so she was learning Latin body words at the same time as we were focusing on the human body, and we moved the Christmas chapters to the appropriate time. No problems.

The TM is just a reprint of the student book with answers filled in, so I skipped it. I do plan to buy the TM for Song School Greek though!