Menu

Anyone here who uses glucosamine?

Several other runners I know have recommended taking glucosamine. They buy it at Costco. I looked at what Costco sells but I'm hoping to find a better product ~ something that doesn't contain a bunch of extraneous ingredients, such as corn starch. If you use glucosamine, what brand do you buy? Thanks!

I get my glucosamine in my multivitamin. I take Omnitrition's Omni IV with glucosamine. The ingredient list looks pretty good to me, but I never really looked at it until recently.

Someone gave me some samples to try when I was having problems with my right knee just before doing the Bataan Memorial Death March a few years ago. I had injured it somehow and been using a knee brace for a few weeks without much help. I was worried I would let my team down by not being able to finish. After taking two or three sample packets, the knee was completely better. I didn't have any problems during the march or for over a year after. I've had problems with that knee off and on again since, but only after long periods of not taking my vitamins. I'm bad about that, and I don't know why since my knee, my energy level, and my general well-being are so much better when I'm faithful to take it.

So, there's my testimonial. I'll add that I do sell it, though not very actively and only to people close by.:D

Not only are some chock full of fillers, but the quality of the glucosamine is questionable. Glucosamine is one of those supplements which needs to be of high quality for it to be most effective. I use Andrew Lessman's product, which I order from Home Shopping Network. I feel the extra cost of the shipping is worth it to ensure I'm getting a high quality product.

We have some in the house that I'm thinking about trying, butthe reason we have it is someone suggested dh take it. He can not play his trumpet at church on Sundays if he takes glucosamine. I don't know if that will encourage you to take it or not. But be aware it may have strange effects.

Of course, if you don't play trumpet it may not be a problem at all! :w00t:

He can not play his trumpet at church on Sundays if he takes glucosamine. I don't know if that will encourage you to take it or not. But be aware it may have strange effects.

He can't play his trumpet if he does take glucosamine? Hmm...I wonder what the connection would be there?!