Menu

Difficult conversation coming up in 20 minutes

UPDATE BELOW

Oy--I'm a wreck.

There is a young adult in my life who screwed up royally with me last week. A friend and I are trying to help her/disciple her to be a "grown-up" despite her tough inner-city life and utter lack of parenting. My friend and I also, in addition to this incident last week, suspect that this girl is being dishonest about some really important things.

She's coming over and will be here shortly. We have to talk about what happened last week. My first attempt to talk this through with her went over like a lead balloon, and her response made the original problem far, far worse.

I am a nervous wreck. I just want an honest conversation, and don't think it's going to happen. More importantly, I pray that she will choose what is best and healthiest for her--I don't want to watch her slide down the slippery slope it appears she has chosen.

Thanks for listening.

UPDATE:

Thanks for your prayers and kind thoughts. I am very thankful right now. We talked for an hour. It started pretty badly, with a lot of denial and bad attitude. However, slowly things shifted, and we ended up having a good conversation. I am praising God, too, because she was able not only to address what had gone wrong with me, but to realize on her own that her attitude creates problems in other situations too. I did not say this to her--she realized it on her own as she understood how it had affected the situation with me. I hope she remembers and can apply this to other situations. So thanks again for your prayers--this situation could have turned out so poorly. I am very, very thankful that we were able to work this through.

Edited by strider