Menu

Squash/Cheese casserole...need recipe, sweet potato casserole too!

OK, there is a recipe out there, but I can't find it. Actually, it was a food "side" selection at Boston Market. We haven't been there in years, so maybe they still offer it, I don't know. IT is delicious.

It has in it: zucchini, yellow squash, egg, cheese, etc. Does anyone know of the recipe and care to send it to me?

Also, same for that yummy sweet potato casserole with praline topping you can buy frozen at the store. I did find a recipe for this and made it about 3 years ago, but it did NOT turn out like that yummy frozen stuff. :D Do you have a recipe for that?

Calling all chefs...help!

Sheryl <><

Squash (any kind you want), about 2 cups cooked with chopped onion until cooked through and soft

2 eggs to bind (if you wanted you could also add some boiled chopped egg)

1 can cream of something (anything you want) and 1/2 can milk or

1 Tbsp butter melted, with 1 Tbsp All Purpose flour mixed in until no lumps (looking for a rouxe here) and add 1 cup milk and whisk until lightly boiling and beginning to thicken.

1 cup grated cheese

Mix everything together and top with 1 sleeve Ritz crackers dotted with butter. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes until bubbling.

Serve warm.

Praline topping is just brown sugar, butter and pecans mixed together and baked on top of the sweet potatoes that have mashed with butter and milk. Some people add some eggs to the potato mixture, but I think it makes it too heavy.