Menu

Tip on Startwrite Software

HSMom2One

I own and use SW and made a discovery just this week. The software is supposedly designed to be used on Mac or PC. Because I do most of our hs work with my MacBook, I installed SW there. It was glitchy, but I could make it work. When I started to explore a bit more and wanted to actually print off some of the lessons, I found it to be frustrating. So I took the CD and installed it on our PC. Wow! What a difference! SW has a whole different interface on a PC than it does on my Mac. I zoomed through numerous tasks without a hitch that I had been struggling with on my Mac.

So here's my tip:

Buy SW if you're thinking about it because it is a great tool. Just don't run it on a Mac!! The program has a ways to go before it is smooth and friendly on both platforms - no matter what the website and literature states.

Blessings,

Lucinda

it works fine on my Mac....

maybe it's just because it is a mac book?

What OS are you on? I am on X.5.8 and it runs, but not as well as on a PC. Its the OS that makes the difference, not the model of the computer. If you compared the Mac interface with the PC interface, you'd see what I mean. PC is much, much nicer.

I say this with sadness because I am a Mac lover through and through.

Blessings,

Lucinda