Menu

Losing more weight when *not* exercising??

I have read that weight loss is 80% diet and only 20% exercise. You HAVE to watch what you eat. Unfortunately!

Yep, this is exactly what my Dr. told me the LAST time I lost 50 lbs. Then life got difficult, I gained back 40 and have just recently feel the emotional energy to take on the diet/exercise beast again. I'm so frustrated to be back in the SAME PLACE three years later.

This time it seems twice as hard, but I have purposed to live a healthful life. From all of the posts, sounds like we could have a club of "50's" - and I don't mean age. :001_smile:

Edited by bookfiend

I do realize that I am actually an extremely healthy person. I am just fat. I've come to the conclusion that the two are not necessarily exclusive. :D

I've coined new phrase for my body type - I'm naturally round.

Unfortunately, unlike you - not so healthy, so back to celery I go.

Edited by bookfiend

:iagree:

Read "French women don't get fat". I am French , have 4 kids and I am only 111 lb (5.4) .

There is no magic in losing weight other than eat less , eat healthier and walk if you are not able to exercise...

Eat lots of fruits and vegetables (without all these extra dipping sauces ) . Do not drink diet soda, this will make you gain even more weight . Water is best. Extra green tea (sweeten with Stevia) .