Menu

Veritas Press and Classical Conversation?

Gamom3

Guest Kim IL

CC does use the VP timeline cards, but also much, much more. The emphasis with CC is on the "community aspect". Grammar stage can be done at home, but the ability to do the memory work and have someone to share it with is amazing. Plus, each week in addition to memory work, we do a science experiment, fine arts project, and presentations! The memory work includes the VP timeline, but also a history sentence, geography, math drills, english grammar, latin, and science facts. All of this is set to music except VP cards. The kids enjoy going so much each week to share with their tutor and their friends. Have you ever been to an Open House?

• 4 years later...

I was wondering how CC is going for you. I have been asked to be director of a new CC in my area. I was also looking at VP for curriculum next year so now I am really torn. Any suggestions or information on how CC is going for you.:D

Also, CC has created their own timeline cards--the "Classical Acts and Facts Cards". These are replacing the VP timeline cards. It depends on your CC community whether you will be using the VP or CC cards this year. There is also a new timeline song too.

And I agree with previous poster Kim--the timeline cards were a very small portion of CC.

For me, the best parts were the accountability and the friendships formed. I feel like my dd6 learned much more than I would thought and hoped, especially in science, history and geography. The Latin and English grammar were not very effective for us.