Menu

how to cook pork meat for Cuban sandwiches

How does one cook pork meat for a Cuban sandwich? Is it smoked? I recently had a truly tasty Cuban in a restaurant, and I want to replicate it at home. It had ham, Swiss cheese, pork meat, dill pickle slices, and an chipotle pepper/mayo sauce. I think I can do/copy all except that I don't know how the pork is prepared. I was sliced very thin. Anybody know?

TIA.

is cuban and she and her husband make GREAT cuban sandwhiches (for big crowds, they have 10 kids and always have company). they smoked it in a big smoker, but she recommended that when i make it, to put the pork in the crockpot with a bottle of mojo sauce (i'm sure you could google for a homemade version). it's delicious. we can't get mojo sauce bottled now that we're in pa. so i've made the homemade googled version.yum! now i'm hungry:001_smile:

is cuban and she and her husband make GREAT cuban sandwhiches (for big crowds, they have 10 kids and always have company). they smoked it in a big smoker, but she recommended that when i make it, to put the pork in the crockpot with a bottle of mojo sauce (i'm sure you could google for a homemade version). it's delicious. we can't get mojo sauce bottled now that we're in pa. so i've made the homemade googled version.yum! now i'm hungry:001_smile:

mmm - I think I'll try this next time instead of bbq sauce. Thanks!

You can go to allrecipes.com and get a recipe for Cuban Pork roast. I made one recently that involved marinating in lime, lemon, orange juice, and sherry. It also called for toasting cumin seed beforehand, but I just added cumin powder. I didn't have to smoke it, but I did cook it for several hours in my cast iron pot with lid.