Menu

Does anyone have a Farmhouse or Apron Front Kitchen Sink?

I'm not sure they make apron-sink sink bases, at least I've never seen one. We had our farmhouse sink installed while completely renovating the kitchen, so we had cabinets custom made to fit the sink. We had it done through the sink company, though and they were very helpful: we used Herbeau. It's a beautiful sink, works well, they had excellent customer service. I recommend it. Otherwise, I think a normal sink base can be modified through a local handy-man, carpenter, or your dh or yourself if you're handy! Hope this is helpful.

I'm not sure they make apron-sink sink bases, at least I've never seen one. We had our farmhouse sink installed while completely renovating the kitchen, so we had cabinets custom made to fit the sink. We had it done through the sink company, though and they were very helpful: we used Herbeau. It's a beautiful sink, works well, they had excellent customer service. I recommend it. Otherwise, I think a normal sink base can be modified through a local handy-man, carpenter, or your dh or yourself if you're handy! Hope this is helpful.

thanks -- that is the conclusion to which I am coming - base must be custom made or modifications made to an existing or semi-custom base. Thanks for the sink recommendation!:)

they do make them! Woodcraft cabinets. check-out this link to item #bfsb36 (for the 36" wide model) scroll down to find the item.

HTH

http://www.unfinished-kitchen-cabinets.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=OakBaseF&Category_Code=Unfinished

thanks! :D will go :auto: and check it out now -- the unfinished part of the link has piqued my curiosity as I would like the base to be painted a contrasting color. Thanks again!

My cupboards were custom built, but I had the area under my farmhouse sink left open (just supported on the sides) There is a curtain hung across the opening. It looks cute and provides a place to kick the step stool out of the way. With little kids, we can't do without a step stool in the kitchen, but I detest constantly tripping over it. :tongue_smilie: