Menu

Anyone resuce a dog from Ky Lab Rescue near Lexington?

I haven't from them. I have never lived in Kentucky. But I have gotten dogs from a few rescue groups and tried one from what turned out to be a phony, bad rescuer. What are your concerns so maybe some of us who have dealt with rescue groups can reassure you or warn you of potential problems.

I have worked with two different rescue groups doing fostering and they were both great groups. I have also adopted two dogs (one a lab and the current one which is a poodle) from or with the help of legitimate and trustworthy rescue groups. I also had a bad experience with a home rescuer who turned out to be trying to adopt out unsuitable dogs and when I returned the dog, I saw her property and saw that she had no control over her dogs. She also had the dogs wandering through her property and the dog we tried had gotten giardia. He turned out to be totally unsuitable as he snapped and tried to bite my then 4 yo dd. She didn't think that was a big deal but I thought that a 60 lb dog could get no second chances with my 4 yo.

If you have craigslist in your area, post the question in the pets section.

Usually you'll get some good comments back from previous adopters or from other people involved in rescue who may be willing to give you info about the scpecific organization. As a pp said, most are reputable but there are some wonky ones who are brokers in disguise, or who adopt out dogs without doing proper screenings etc.