Menu

Does anyone have a recipe for pizza dough without yeast?

I know you want something you can make without going to the store....just thought I would throw this in there for use later, LOL..... I use the canned pizza dough....I think it is pillsbury....It is easy....and tastes great.....

I actually started making my own dough with yeast over the summer, and it was so much easier than I would have guessed. I always thought that it would be some huge, complicated process, but it wasn't. And my family loves it. I just wasn't good at monitoring how many yeast packets I had left in the pantry. Thanks, though, for the idea. I had a friend who used frozen bread dough, thawed in the refrigerator, and it tasted really good. I bet it would be similar to canned dough.

I was going to make homemade pizza for dinner tonight. I have sauce, cheese, mushrooms, bacon, and pepperoni. But then I discovered that I don't have any yeast to make the crust. Am I stuck or is there a way to make good pizza crust without yeast?

It will not taste exactly the same, or have the same consistency of course, but you can use any biscuit dough as a pizza base. It is a good substitute for yeast dough.

It will not taste exactly the same, or have the same consistency of course, but you can use any biscuit dough as a pizza base. It is a good substitute for yeast dough.

I agree, biscuit dough just uses baking powder and soda, no yeast; it will serve the purpose.

That said, I think pizza dough is pretty easy and I'm not much of a baker.

Alton Brown's Pizza Dough Recipe

Stir and Roll PIzza by Betty Crocker

2 cups flour

2tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

2/3 cup milk

1/4 cup oil

2 tbls oil

Heat oven to 425.

Measure dry ingredients, plus milk and 1/4 cup oil into bowl Stir until mixture leaves the side of the bowl. Gather into a ball. Knead ball in the bowl about 10 times. Divide dough in half.

roll into 13 inch circle.

turn up edges and pinch.

Brush each circle with the rmaining 2 tbls oil.

layer toppings.

Bake 20 to 25 mins.

Note: Over the years that worked with this dough, I usually prebaked the crust about 10 minutes before I added the toppings for a crispier crust.