Menu

TMJ/ear pain

If you have TMJ do you also have ear pain? A few months before my ears started ringing I would get a brief, very sharp pain deep in my right ear. It happened maybe 1-2 every few weeks. I was just beginning to get concered about it when my ear started ringing. I assumed the pain was part of the ringing and let it go. The ENT couldn't find anything physically wrong with my ear during his exam.

The past few weeks it is coming more often and for the last two-three days my ear is uncomfortable all the time with bouts of the deep pain every now and then.

I am going to make another appointment wit the ENT, but I am curious if anyone else has had an experience like this?

I have that problem w/ my ears. It's from a eustachion tube malfunction, caused by allergies, which cause my nasal passages to swell, blocking off the eustachion tube. Try taking an antihistimine and a decongestant, and see if that helps. I didn't realize I was having allergy problems, because the typical allergy symptoms weren't there. hth

I have that problem w/ my ears. It's from a eustachion tube malfunction, caused by allergies, which cause my nasal passages to swell, blocking off the eustachion tube. Try taking an antihistimine and a decongestant, and see if that helps. I didn't realize I was having allergy problems, because the typical allergy symptoms weren't there. hth

Thank you. I googled and came up with the same thing, but I didn't think I had allergies. I do have sinus trouble so it makes sense.

I've had the chiropractor work on my TMJ before. Mine is just bound and determined to be that way, so it never goes to perfectly normal. When I get overtired or stressed, sometimes the muscles in my head, especially on top, get really, really tight. Then it tightens up the jaw, makes it pop, sometimes even makes it impossible to chew. The chiro can release the muscles and things and had weird tapping things to do on the top of the head to release the muscles. As long as it works, lol.

Ringing in the ears is tinitus. I've heard it's connected to mineral deficiencies, but I don't know. I started having it a long time ago. Now it's mainly noticeable if the room is really, really quiet. There's usually something like the air conditioner fan or something, so I don't notice it. It's not bad now, so I don't sweat it. Don't know if there are other causes or if it's connected to the TMJ. My jaw has always been like that, at least for as long as I remember.