Menu

What size are the writing lines in the WWE 1 workbook?

HappyGrace

I'm seriously considering using this program but ds6 already uses third grade writing paper. I'm sure the WWE lines will be too big! Any suggestions?

Part of the reason for getting the workbook is the pick-it-up-and-go factor, so I don't want to have to reinvent the wheel if the lines are too big!

Are the copywork selections up at the top of the page so I could just glue a portion of his third grade paper over the bottom (writing section) of the paper, or do they alternate the printed words in the book to copy with blank lines for the dc to write it?

Or how else could I work it out so I can use it?

Even if you use separate paper, you don't have to "reinvent the wheel" with the WWE workbooks. For levels 1 and 2 everything you need is in the "teacher" section of the workbook. You read the selections to her, ask her the questions, write down what it tells you to write down... She does her copywork or dictation on her own notebook paper (whatever size you normally use). The only think you might need to do is write out the copywork for her to copy from.

We use WWE2 and a normal wide rule notebook. It works just fine. And the selections are wonderful.

Instead of me writing out the copywork, couldn't he just look at the sentence they want him to write on the student page, but write it on his own paper?

Yes he can. We're using WWE 1 now and the lines are too wide for dd (almost 6). I like your idea about just gluing the appropriate ruled paper to the worksheet. I think that would work fine and just might try it myself. If it doesn't work, we're just going to start using a spiral notebook for her to do her copywork.

Instead of me writing out the copywork, couldn't he just look at the sentence they want him to write on the student page, but write it on his own paper?

That would be fine too. Personally, we completely ignore the student pages and don't use them at all. But either way would work.

We just use the dashed line in the middle as the top line. So, they are doing the actual writing between the dashed line and the bottom line. It works for us. :) But, it doesn't bother me that there isn't a "middle line." However, I am using the program with ages 8, 9, and 11 right now, so their handwriting is pretty established. Although, I insist on neatness, I don't worry too much about the handwriting part of it because that is not the concentration of this program.