Menu

Has anyone here used Life of Fred as supplement for MUS Epsilon

motherdear

when we finish Delta in a week or two. We backed up to review Delta and have run through it quickly but I expect Epsilon to be a bit slower. We had not done MUS before this and I have been happy with it.

Son loves Fred and tried it last year but was not getting it. That's when we backed up.

I plan on his doing one or two Fred chapters a week with other days MUS.

Ruth in NC

We did. I had him do a chapter of LOF once a week, and MUS the other four days. We took the summer off, so I had him go through LOF again rapidly before starting Zeta. He's pretty confident with his fractions at this point.

This is exactly what we did. I think they complement each other very nicely.

My 11 year old dd is near the end of Epsilon this year, and I bought LOF to supplement and review concepts. So far, it's working great. I also have my 13 year old dd doing LOF fractions as a review. She's working in the MUS pre-algebra book, but needs some reinforcement. She'll do the LOF decimals next. I like LOF because it presents basic math skills in a different way from MUS, so it is good for reinforcement and review IMO. I'm glad to hear others are trying this combination and liking it too.