Menu

9/9/9 Readers, time for the fourth quarter rush!

Especially if you are also a NaNoWriMo participant, as many seem to be.

I have to go upstairs to make a count of what I have left to read, but I can say without looking that I'm not as far along as I'd hoped to be by now!

The chunkster I have left is Les Mis, I started it but think I will set it aside to start Dec 1 with the goal of finishing it by year's end. So, I need to use my remaining October time to knock out some shorter titles.

It's about 40 degrees here today. Cloudy, with 10-20 mile an hour winds. I am home from church with 2 sick kids. I've got the coffee brewed, chili in the crockpot. Thinking about starting up the fireplace. Time to get in my recliner with a cozy blanket and the next book on my list.

I have an extra recliner, if anyone wants to join in. I promise I won't let the kids breathe on you...

Anyway, let's encourage each other to meet the challenge before the new year arrives. I'm pretty sure the social group is still open for business, see you there!

I'm still plugging along. I'm at 57 for the year and in the middle of about 5 other titles. I'll be close by the end of the year, but November will set me back a bit. I am counting my upcoming Nano as one of the books.

I'm also working on a new reading challenge for 2010. I'm thinking something like 20/20 for 2010. I'm thinking along the lines of this:

- 2 books each by 10 different authors (20 total books)

- 10 books each from two in-depth subject areas (20 more books)

- 20 more books in any other category/categories (20 more books)

For a yearly total of 60 books with the ability to dig deeper into at least two subject areas.

I'm still plugging along. I'm at 57 for the year and in the middle of about 5 other titles. I'll be close by the end of the year, but November will set me back a bit. I am counting my upcoming Nano as one of the books.

I'm also working on a new reading challenge for 2010. I'm thinking something like 20/20 for 2010. I'm thinking along the lines of this:

- 2 books each by 10 different authors (20 total books)

- 10 books each from two in-depth subject areas (20 more books)

- 20 more books in any other category/categories (20 more books)

For a yearly total of 60 books with the ability to dig deeper into at least two subject areas.

That sounds interesting. I didn't try 9/9/9, but I am aiming for 52 books in the year. That's been about the right level for me this year. Maybe I could stretch it to 60 for next year.

That sounds interesting. I didn't try 9/9/9, but I am aiming for 52 books in the year. That's been about the right level for me this year. Maybe I could stretch it to 60 for next year.

Yes, I think 60 is a realistic goal for me too. 81 is a bit of a stretch when I tend to bask in some books. I certainly don't want to continue the 888 & 999 trend of trying for 100 books in 2010. :lol:

I certainly don't want to continue the 888 & 999 trend of trying for 100 books in 2010. :lol:

Oh, thank goodness! I was secretly hoping next year wouldn't be 100 books! I have really enjoyed getting out of my reading slump - the 9/9/9 challenge has done that - but I've found 81 books difficult. In fact, I am going to still feel "accomplished" if, at the last minute, I have to roll over into the "52 books in 52 weeks" group! But I am still striving to make my original goal.

I like your idea for the 60 books, Paula. I will have to give some thought to the selections.

First week of January, that is :lol: