Menu

WWII themed birthday/cmas gift ideas for a 10yo boy?

Osprey Graphic Novels has a few dedicated to WWII. Iwo and D-day come to mind. They would make nice party favors and I have seen then in bulk for about $2.00 an issue.

If you want the party to have a WWII theme. Go to the local army navy surplus store you can get tents, flags, cammies etc to set up a battlefield in the back yard. Sandbags are fairly cheap and make for an even more realistic set up. Having done something like this be sure to inform the parents of the invitees that it will be WWII themed, you would be surprized how many may take issue with it.

Edited by pqr

We did a WWII type birthday when ds turned 8 last year. I found dog tags, helmets and camo face paint at the local military surplus store. We borrowed some tires from Tiresplus, built an obstacle course complete with "barbed wire" (decorative shiny garland with stars), rope swing across a "water trap" (blue tarp under our swing set, moved the swings and tied up a knotted rope), balance beam, and they had to drag their "comrade" a 40# pack up into our fort at the end. The boys were all ages 8-11 and had a blast. We also played "medic" so our dds could join in as the army nurses. Two teams would have to evacuate their "wounded" soldier after wrapping up his broken leg and carry him on a beach towel to the medic tent. I found some camo tarps to liven up the back yard and we ate K rations and cake that I decorated with camo frosting complete with ds's army guys raising the flag on Mt. Suribachi.