Menu

What is a "good score" on the PSAT?

Adding to Cynthia's discussion this week about PSAT prep. We too have a Junior, and have been taking a practice test this morning. So, far he scored a 61 on reading and a 64 on math. He is not done with writing.

I don't know how those scores would relate to a national percentile,though. Do any of you?

And how would these compare to others.....Would these be O.K. scores? I have no clue.

Just trying to get some perspective here on how to study for next week. We too have a child that is not highly competitive, but wants to do his best job. And he doesn't do well if mom starts to freak out and says....let's practice, this and this and this and this......(Don't want to do that....;))

So, I'm trying to keep my cool and not freak out.....for him. In other words, if these are fairly o.k. scores, we will relax a little more this week and put it all in God's hands and give HIM the glory for the outcome.

But here is what I do know. DS will bump up these scores by a wee bit, when he gets in the test atmosphere. Happens every time for him.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

From raining West TN,

Brenda:001_smile:

213 is the cut off for TN....Hmmm.....Gives me lots to think about....I'll wait and see how he does with the writing portion.

Thanks bunches!!!

Brenda

Just a quick clarification - any particular state's cutoff may (and often does) move up or down a point or two year to year. Otherwise, I love (and often refer to) the site Michelle posted :)