Menu

HELP!! Bio 2 test gradiing issue

I am grading my son's test for Biology 2 Mod 1.

The question I am having trouble with is the " List the phases of mitosis in order".

He did them in order but also listed Interphase in along with it but it is in order.

The answer is only supposed to have Prophase, metaphase, anaphase, telaphase.

HELP!

Holly

Ask what occurs during interphase. If that question is answered correctly then I think that you should give credit. Some people consider interphase to be part of the mitotic process while others think that it only occurs before mitosis begins.

HTH.

Christina

I had no idea - so googled it. Wiki Answers says:

Interphase (along with G1, S and G2) is the first stage of the cell cycle, and is not part of mitosis.

If that is correct, I would probably deduct a quarter of a point ie if the question had 1 point value - I would give 3/4; if 4 points value, I would give 3 out of 4

Meryl

I had no idea - so googled it. Wiki Answers says:

Interphase (along with G1, S and G2) is the first stage of the cell cycle, and is not part of mitosis.

If that is correct, I would probably deduct a quarter of a point ie if the question had 1 point value - I would give 3/4; if 4 points value, I would give 3 out of 4

Meryl

DH and I talked about this. So we agreed to give 3 out of 4.

Thanks!!:D