Menu

CLE Math 3rd grade???

buttercup

The grade 3 math teacher's manual includes all lightunit pages reproduced with answers. In grade 4 the answers are only in the answer keys. What you don't need in grade 3 is the answer keys, just the teacher's manual. The teacher's manual also provides help for struggling students, teacher's tips, a very helpful index, alternative tests, etc. I think it is indispensible.

Here is the link to the Grade 3 math teacher's manual:

http://www.clp.org/product/math_300_teachers_guide_with_answers_2427

We are doing grade 3 now, and I rarely use the TM for anything except checking answers. EVERYTHING has been taught very well in the student books so far (we're in Lightunit 305 right now). Actually, I just read the lightunit aloud to my son when we're doing the new work, and it is totally sufficient.

It depends on how math-y you are, I guess. you def. need the TMs for grade 1 and 2, but if you're fairly math confident, I can see not having it for Grade 3.

Betsy

We are doing grade 3 now, and I rarely use the TM for anything except checking answers. EVERYTHING has been taught very well in the student books so far (we're in Lightunit 305 right now). Actually, I just read the lightunit aloud to my son when we're doing the new work, and it is totally sufficient.

It depends on how math-y you are, I guess. you def. need the TMs for grade 1 and 2, but if you're fairly math confident, I can see not having it for Grade 3.

Betsy

:iagree: Doing CLE math 300 here too, and I don't HAVE to have the TM, but I use it when I'm feeling lazy to check. :tongue_smilie: