Menu

Anyone get a phone call from K12?

Out of the blue I got a call from K12. I don't ever remember going to their website or reviewing their information much less ever requesting any additional information! I am trying to figure out how they got my phone number? I was wondering if they were culling prospective clients from this site?

I got one the other day, but I don't remember if I gave them my info or not. I may have, to look at something on their site, but I don't think I did. Clearly they didn't have a whole lot of info on me because they were calling about TXVA which is for 3rd grade and up. My child is too young for that.

That is what is so weird - they had my cell phone number - here in India - and knew to dial all the correct country codes? I did once send my phone number in a PM to another mom. Could they have accessed that? I really, really don't think I ever went to their site.

Ladies, I work in a publishing company. I do outbound telemarketing all day. We purchase lists from direct marketing companies. If you have ever purchased any curriculum from a publisher, your name probably has gone on a list somewhere. Some publishers (like my company) do NOT sell their lists to marketing firms but some do for the revenue that generates. I am sorry.

I didn't get a call from them, but we already use them. I wonder how they could have gotten the phone numbers from those people who have never been to their site? I know before I started using them I received a call, but that was because I had to give them my contact information to access certain information on their site.