Menu

Anyone have a beef tips and noodles crock pot recipe?

I want to try something new for our potluck dinner after church Sunday and am wondering if beef tips and noodles would be an option - or will the noodles get too mushy?

Anything similar would be welcomed. Generally we take pork and sauerkraut (super easy and tasty) but we're already going to do that next Wednesday before the evening service so I'd like something different and easy.

Really simple. I just put a couple of pounds of stew meat in the crockpot with a can of cream of mushroom soup (I use HV organic brand though - dont like Campbells). Set on low for 6-8 hrs. Easy.

I would not mix in the noodles though. I would cook them separately - you could just fill another container with the cooked noodles, refrigerate it, and add it to the stew meet for 10 min. at the end. HTH!

Kim

Really simple. I just put a couple of pounds of stew meat in the crockpot with a can of cream of mushroom soup (I use HV organic brand though - dont like Campbells). Set on low for 6-8 hrs. Easy.

I would not mix in the noodles though. I would cook them separately - you could just fill another container with the cooked noodles, refrigerate it, and add it to the stew meet for 10 min. at the end. HTH!

Kim

Oh, cooking the noodles separately and keeping them separate has been my problem with noodle dishes! It seems so easy now that you mention it... We'd mix them right before church and they'd always be mushy afterward - ok to eat, but not really good. If I can get the ladies who set up the dinner to mix cooked noodles in as they are setting up I imagine it will be a LOT better! Either that or I can do the pork and sauerkraut for Sunday and the Beef and Noodles for Wednesday when I can do it all myself easily...

Thanks!

Oh, cooking the noodles separately and keeping them separate has been my problem with noodle dishes! It seems so easy now that you mention it... We'd mix them right before church and they'd always be mushy afterward - ok to eat, but not really good. If I can get the ladies who set up the dinner to mix cooked noodles in as they are setting up I imagine it will be a LOT better! Either that or I can do the pork and sauerkraut for Sunday and the Beef and Noodles for Wednesday when I can do it all myself easily...

Thanks!

Or, you could:

cook the noodles separate from the beef and gravy

stir in a little butter so they don't stick together

put them in a separate container and refrigerate

Once you get them to the potluck, they'd just need to be reheated, and they could be served separate alongside the beef and gravy. People could get noodles, then put the beef/gravy on top. Keeps the noodles from getting mushy.

I want to try something new for our potluck dinner after church Sunday and am wondering if beef tips and noodles would be an option - or will the noodles get too mushy?

Anything similar would be welcomed. Generally we take pork and sauerkraut (super easy and tasty) but we're already going to do that next Wednesday before the evening service so I'd like something different and easy.

2 lbs. London Broil or such, cubed. Saute until lightly browned. Add 1 c. onion, garlic and saute until carmelized. Coat all with flour. Yes, flour for 1 minute. Add 1 T. tomato paste, mushrooms, scant amt red wine (it will burn off), salt, pepper, garlic powder and simmer 3-5 minutes. Add bay leaf or two. Put in crock pot on high 1 hour. Hours 2-5 slow/low setting.

Halfway through add frozen peas.

There may be something in the above I'm forgetting. Right before it's finished, boil noodles, drain, add 2 T butter to melt on noodles.

Noodles on plate with beef mixture on top.

This is called Beef Burgundy. YUMMY!