Jump to content


How do I control static electricity in my house?

Recommended Posts

This house is really dry, and I am guessing that is why we have a real problem with static electricity. It is so bad that I can't even hug or kiss my girls at night without giving them a shock. If the lights are out, you can actually see flashes of light when I touch my kids or when the move around under the covers. It is worst in my dd's room. I have tried humidifiers, but they don't seem to be working. Is there anything else that could cause this or anything I can do to stop it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure about the house (sounds like you could have cool science experiments :) but if you walk barefoot in the house, that will help with the touching as your shoes conduct electricity. Also I think I remember reading that wearing clothes of natural fibers (cotton or linen vs. polyester) may help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...