Menu

I am so thankful...

that my ds9 has a good head on his shoulders!!!

He spent the night at Bible camp with his 4th grade sunday school class this weekend. Yesterday, just before it was time to come home, he was separated from the group while getting a drink of water after a long walk through the woods. They apparently went back to the bunkhouse to packup and then to the cars to load up. Meanwhile, he was all alone in the woods for what turned out to be at least 15 minutes!

He told me he was scared. He first found his way back to the bunkhouse and when he saw that everyone and all their things were gone (they had packed up the stuff to go home and were actually getting buckled in cars at the time), then he went back to the place he first got lost hopeful that someone would be there looking for him. Finally, he saw another church group in the distance, so he ran over to one of the mom chaperones and told her he was lost. She took him under her wing and found our church group. He was scared, I'm so proud of him for using his head and doing what I prepared him to do in this type of situation.

The cool thing is that around the same time he was "lost," I had a sinking/worrisome feeling in my gut that I had not had all weekend, and I began praying for God's protection over him and received peace again about it. I love "mother's instinct" and it is so comforting to know that when I am not there, God is watching over him.

Thanks for letting me share :)

The cool thing is that around the same time he was "lost," I had a sinking/worrisome feeling in my gut that I had not had all weekend, and I began praying for God's protection over him and received peace again about it. I love "mother's instinct" and it is so comforting to know that when I am not there, God is watching over him.

Thanks for letting me share :)

I love how God's spirit can warn us to pray for our kids!!! I've had that happen to me in different situations and it makes me feel that we are very protected!! WTG to your son for using his head!!

Kuddos to your son for doing the right thing even in the face of fear.

It is amazing that God gives us the instinct to know when something is not right and our kids need us from far away. Those reminders of God's presence are amazing. Glad you son is ok, and he is probably a bit more confident in himself now too.