Menu

Can you do Aleks as a stand alone program for Alg 2

After the discussion on TT I'm questioning wether to continue the program or not. I looked at the syllabus for their Pre-Calculus program and it looked light. My son isn't very good in math and needs a lot of instruction. I"m not good either so I need something that will teach him for me. Any ideas.

I haven't used Aleks for Alg II but I would not recommend it as a standalone program especially if your son is not math inclined. We used it for Alg I and it is great for reinforcement, since there is not a lot of practice on a concept I don't think it would work well for the sole instruction. Also since it is only text explanations, I think it would be harder for someone who isn't math intuitive. My son loves math and there were a few explanations he still didn't get. I think you would be better off getting something with a video component where he could actually see the problem being worked through.

Stephanie

I haven't used Aleks for Alg II but I would not recommend it as a standalone program especially if your son is not math inclined

Stephanie

:iagree:

Not nearly enough practice to cement the concepts. ALEKS works much better as reinforcement during a break from the textbook.

Barb