Menu

Knitters! Looking for.....

a pattern for a knit, toy duck. I've poked around some and haven't been able to find one. I'm working on a sewn duck and I'm not sure how it's coming out. Since I do knit, I was wondering if I could find a pattern for that.

I'm trying to make the mascot of my dad's company for his Christmas present. :)

TIA!!

Do you crochet? If you do or if you are good at translating crochet instructions to knit (not hard) then you should google 'amigurumi duck'. There are lots of cute ami ducks out there!

I know! Sadly, I have not been able to teach myself to crochet. I taught myself knitting and thought "that was pretty easy." I thought I could do the same with crochet, but..........mostly all I made was a MESS!!!! :lol:

Honestly, crochet is WAY easier! Check out some Youtube videos and you'll be surprised. I taught myself how to do the amigurumi animals by watching Youtube videos only. Once you learn the 'circle' (sometimes called magic circle) you have it made and can make ANYTHING. Try it but don't get discouraged after a few tries. If you can knit, you can do this! :)

Honestly, crochet is WAY easier! Check out some Youtube videos and you'll be surprised. I taught myself how to do the amigurumi animals by watching Youtube videos only. Once you learn the 'circle' (sometimes called magic circle) you have it made and can make ANYTHING. Try it but don't get discouraged after a few tries. If you can knit, you can do this! :)

Can you link to the easiest youtube amigurumi video you know?

Check out needle felting, it looks very doable and I'm planning on getting some tools to start some projects myself- I like the look of felted items better than crochet and knit. (though I do plan to felt a wool crocheted item when I am done making it)

HTH, oh- there are needle felting videos on youtube as well.